Art Director: Ed Nottingham
Editor: Simon Bennett-Leyh
Camera: Andrew Nelson
"SoB mix for Friends of Friends"
1. B&Gs – Kitchen Mixer (Field Excerpt)
2. Mndsgn – Bananacase ft Knxwledge and Suzi Analogue
3. Dynooo – Tranch
4. heRobust – Shark Howard
5. B&Gs – Ziplock Pt I (Field Excerpt)
6. Oscar McClure – Grass Cuttings
7. Lapalux – Yellow 90′s
8. Groundislava – Panorama ft Weary
9. Monkey_sequence.19 – Are You Gonna Love Me
10. Knxwledge – Youneedme.Xtro
11. Cupp Cave – Talk Over
12. Cupp Cave – Discrete Mathematics
13. Morpheground – Supernova
14. Flying Lotus – Pet Monster Shotglass (DTCPU Microwave)
15. B&Gs – Belly Of The Bag (Field Excerpt)
16. Fur – Witches
17. Dimlite – Kalimba Deathswamp ft Kurt Feelings
18. Blank & Kytt – Ain’t Nothing Wrong
19. Shlohmo – Sippy Cup (DTCPU Microwave)
20. Samiyam – Lookin
21. Kuhn – Quiet Nights (+weed Version)
22. Olivier Daysoul – Labor (Duke Hugh Futuresoul Remix)
23. Wiseblood – 2 the Bitter End (K-Ci & Jo Jo Rework)
24. B&Gs – Chewy Kerb (Field Excerpt)
25. Sleep∞Over – Sun Spots
He seems pretty accepting of Nardwuar's attitude until the end when
he just tries his hardest to get out of there for some reason.
Why would you say "this is the best interview ever",
and then run away from the gifts he's showering you with?
People confuse me.
Some great sentiments on making music without really knowing anything about theory.
The process can be just as beautiful as a fully formed idea or product - if not more.
"When I realized I was gonna have to do this project on my own
and my brother wasn't gonna be by my side, I sort of felt the fear of God myself"
What do rappers, rap DJs, and rap bloggers have against using a good site to host their mixtapes on?
Fuck a Zshare - I'ma be a mediafire OG 'til the death of me.
this - combined with The Weeknd's new album - single-handedly ruined
the music industry for me. As in, I don't want to buy music anymore, in the slightest.
In fact, most of the shit I like right now on my Itunes, I got for free. Legally.
Just getting all this dancey shit out of my system
before I post/listen to Pusha T's new album in like 30 seconds.
I wish I could control this skepticism I feel when I get MP3 submissions.
Really love getting them, but when I wake up with some in my inbox,
part of me feels worried I might have to send a "sorry" reply.
I don't know where Mohamed Haniff's music lies exactly, in terms of genres,
but he definitely won't be getting that kind of email back.
It's probably the sunniest day it's been here in Halifax since before the winter season kicked in.
The Climate Change EP is playing off this pretty well, but it's not something I'd go out
into the world and listen to - I'm much more content just sitting in my living room,
near the windows, looking at how nice it is outside. Not that it's not active listening music,
but I'd prefer to let it enhance what I'm seeing and thinking about,
not necessarily experiencing or feeling first-hand.
In terms of the actual tracks, I can't tell what they make me want to do more:
play Chrono Trigger or get dressed up for the nearest ball.
There could be some video game influence here,
there could be some jazz influence,
there could even be some lounge influence -
it's really hard to say. I just know that it's good 10AM music -
nothing to slap you in the face before the world does.
Haniff's also from Barbados, studying in Ottawa right now...
which is only another factor in making this music (and how it came to be) all the more confusing.