Saturday

Frusciante says farewell to RHCP, again

John Frusciante left a note on his myspace this week announcing that he was done with the Chili Peppers once more.

This certainly wasn't a "fuck you" to anyone, they've always been supportive of John's solo work
(I remember reading that Anthony was fascinated and emotionally shocked when he first listened to what John was creating).
It also didn't give the impression that they'd never hook up again,
more of a "I'm done with this right now".

As he says in his note:

"To put it simply, my musical interests have led me in a different direction. Upon rejoining, and throughout my time in the band, I was very excited about exploring the musical possibilities inherent in a rock band, and doing so with those people in particular. A couple of years ago, I began to feel that same excitement again, but this time it was about making a different kind of music, alone, and being my own engineer."

I'd say it's for the best.
The only thing that ever seemed to be holding back John's music was his attachment to the band.
What's unfortunate is that he's no longer fucked up,
so he can't make the raw masterpiece he could've if that was the situation now.

But he'll definitely still make some amazing things, like this classic:

No comments: