Saturday

CD's of '08

Searching through my music from this year actually scared me a little because it made me realize that not too many amazing CD's came out this year. Maybe I was more interested into single tracks this year or something like that, I look back feeling like this year was rich with new, refreshing music but I feel like my list (and the lists I've looked at) somehow feel bare. 

It just feels like it was Lil' Wayne's year, that's all I can come to the conclusion with. Which was a surprising turn of events, and fun to witness. No matter what I was getting into, it seemed this year I'd always end up opening Itunes and playing something by Lil' Wayne or something by Lykke Li. It was definitely a year of long-lasting music; a re-playable year. 
Anywho! Here's my list (the links are highlight songs from the albums):

10. m83 - Saturdays = Youth (We Own The Sky)
9. Momus - Joemus (Thatness and Thereness)
8. Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles (Untrust Us)
7. MGMT - Oracular Spectacular (Kids)
6. The Cool Kids - The Bake Sale (What Up Man)
5. Kanye West - 808's & Heartbreak (Paranoid)
4. Royce Da 5'9 - The Album (Give Up Your Guns)
3. Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes (Your Protector) [dig that chorus]
2. Lykke Li - Youth Novels (I'm Good, I'm Gone)
1. Lil' Wayne - Tha Carter III (Phone Home, Mr. Carter)

No comments: